At Shade we feel that involving parents in their child’s learning is crucial in ensuring that children make the best possible progress. We try to get parents involved in a number of ways:
- Parent’s Evenings/Open Afternoons – Opportunities for parents to come into school and share their children’s work.
- Fortnightly Newsletters – Keeping parents informed about what is going on in school and also providing useful help at home tips to support learning.
- Parent Information Evenings – To provide parents with the knowledge and information they need to support their child’s learning at home
- Parents in school weeks– To provide opportunities to work alongside their child and support in producing work
- Opportunities to volunteer – We welcome the help of parents to support with reading, art and design projects and also when embarking on educational visits.
- The school also has an open door policy and parents are always welcome to come in and meet with class teachers to discuss issues related to their child.
- Our school website also contains a wealth of information to inform and support
Parent Survey November 2022. Many thanks for your feedback and comments.
Knowlwood Road, Todmorden, Lancashire OL14 7PD