At Shade we feel that involving parents in their child’s learning is crucial in ensuring that children make the best possible progress. We try to get parents involved in a number of ways:
- Parent’s Evenings/Open Afternoons – Opportunities for parents to come into school and share their children’s work.
- Fortnightly Newsletters – Keeping parents informed about what is going on in school and also providing useful help at home tips to support learning.
- Parent Information Evenings – To provide parents with the knowledge and information they need to support their child’s learning at home
- Parents in school weeks– To provide opportunities to work alongside their child and support in producing work
- Opportunities to volunteer – We welcome the help of parents to support with reading, art and design projects and also when embarking on educational visits.
- The school also has an open door policy and parents are always welcome to come in and meet with class teachers to discuss issues related to their child.
- Our school website also contains a wealth of information to inform and support
Thank you so much for completing our recent questionnaire.
We have looked at what you liked and where you thought we could do better. Thank you for all your comments, they really do help us evaluate what has gone well during the year and where we could make improvements. Have a look at what you all thought and see our response to the things we could do better by clicking on the links.
What did you like
What could we do better